Sunday, June 13, 2010

Issuu: Wow What a Cool Tool

I have been messing around on the web lately now that school is over.  I was on the Art Ed 2.0 ning that I am a member of and was reading Matt Cauthron's posts.  He is just one of the talented teachers who inspires me on the ning network.  Matt had a link to a site I'd not been to or heard of before.  It is called Issuu and is a place to publish your documents and a place to share documents.  Now you might say well that sounds like Google docs, but this is nothing like Google docs.  You could say well drop.io let's you share docs and publish them, but this is different.  Here is the short video that explains the possiblities. 

I am especially impressed with the high quality design of the publications. There are so many possibilities for using this. As an art teacher this could be the free option I've been searching for, for students to create digital portfolios. I will explore further and keep you posted. Check it out yourself and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment